1.1 Drinkdriving.org: means this domain or any sub-domain (e.g. www.forum.drinkdriving.org) of Drinkdriving.org and will be referred to in this document herein after as (we / us / our / this site / this website / our website).
1.2 User: means any person who accesses or engages with this site and will be referred to in this document herein after as (you / yourself / users / end user(s)).
1.3 Third party: means any person, organization or company who we work with, that advertises with us or is connected with any service or product we either promote or provide.
2. Information collection and use
This policy is intended to inform you how we collect, use and disclose any data you either expressly or implicitly provide us with. By using our website you consent to our collection and use of any information described in this policy. This policy may be amended as and when required, your continued use of our website or any service we provide after any amendment has been made shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions laid out in this policy, as and when amended. We encourage you to bookmark this web page and review the policy regularly.
In addition to this policy, any service offered via this website either by us or any third party may have additional privacy provisions that are specific to that particular service at the time any of your information is collected. These additional privacy provisions will be made available to you at the time you provide your details and use any such service.
2.1 Information you voluntarily provide us with
We collect and may maintain information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of our website and various services we may provide. For example:
- when your register and create an account on our website, you may decided to provide us with certain information including your name, date of birth, email address, user-name, password and demographic information;
- parts of our website contain social networking functions and you may create and add to your social networking profile by sharing content or by providing information about your interests;
- you may sign up to receive a newsletter or participate in social networking activities;
- you may provide us with various information by email when making enquiries, requesting support or completing surveys.
It is entirely your choice as to what information you choose to provide us with. However, by not providing certain information, you may not be able to use and access various sections of our website, various services and this can result in limited access to our website.
2.2 Information we collect through use of our website
3. How we use your information
We will use your information in the ways as described below and/or as described at the time information is collected.
3.1 To provide you with relevant services
Generally, we use your information as necessary or appropriate in order to provide you with relevant services and:
- administering any accounts you have opened with us;
- registering your details and providing you with access to certain areas of our website;
- delivering relevant services and/or products requested by you;
- sending communications and administrative emails about our website or the services and products we provide;
- personalisation of your experience while using our website;
- improving the features & performance of our site and the services we provide;
- analysing, benchmarking and researching user interactions on our site and any services we provide to users.
3.2 Behavioural advertising
We believe that advertising is more interesting to you when it is relevant. When you have consented for us to do so we may customise what you see on our site based upon any of the following:
- the information that you explicitly and/or voluntarily provide us with;
- your geographical information, which may be determined via your IP address, from any mobile device you use to access our site, or other ways;
4. How we may disclose your information to third parties
We may share your information with third parties as specifically approved by you or under the circumstances described below.
4.1 Disclosure for legal reasons
We may disclose or share your information under any legal obligation we have to do so or in order to fulfil our terms and conditions or other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, customers, company or others.
We use a number of third party organisations in order to provide you with professional services (i.e. car insurance companies, solicitors and lawyers and payment processors). These organisations act as data processors and are strictly controlled in how they may or may not use your information and are solely responsible for any information that you may provide them with.
We are not responsible for updating or removing any of your information contained in the databases of any third party who has been provided with your information as permitted by this policy.
4.2 Changes to our company
In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this policy.
4.3 Message Boards and Chats
You should be aware that information posted to any message board, forum or chat service provided by us will be available publicly unless otherwise stated. By using any of these services, you agree that we are not responsible for any information that you choose to disclose or publish publicly and any information you do disclose will be at your own risk. We advise that users do not disclose any personally identifiable information to any area of our site that is open and available to the general public.
Posting to publicly accessible areas of our site
- A publicly accessible area is any area of our site that is accessible by the general public and may be indexed by search engines such as Google.
- You should exercise caution if you choose to disclose any personally identifiable information in a publicly accessible area. Remember that this information may remain indefinitely in the public domain.
- You are solely responsible for any personally identifiable information that you disclose and disseminate to publicly accessible areas.
5. Opting Out on Receipt of any Marketing Communications
In the event you receive any marketing communication from us you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the opting out instructions contained within any email or newsletter you may receive from us.
6. Third Party Links and Services
When you use a link to go from our website to another website or you request a service from any third party via our website, our policy no longer applies.
Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your dealings with any other third party service provider, is subject to that website's or service provider's own rules and policies.
7. Where we store and security of your information
Any information we collect is stored on security hardened, pro-actively managed servers so as to prevent any unauthorised access by any third parties. While security measures are in place to protect our data, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. We cannot guarantee that any information transmitted by you to us, via the internet is completely secure. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of your information.
Once we have received your information we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access to it.
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, stored or processed at a destination outside of the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who either work for us or for one of our suppliers or service providers. By submitting information to us or any third party service provider connected to our website you agreeing to this transfer.
8. Social Media
Social networking sites such as facebook, twitter, addthis, among others, work with us as trusted third party partners. We use social networking as a way for users to share information among their social networks in order to generate interest in our products and services.
All cookies used by www.drinkdriving.org are designed to make your experience of using our website a better one. Allowing us to set cookies and track your interactions with our website allows us to improve our website content & layout, expand our reach and improve user experience. You can find out what kind of cookies we use here and you can find out more information about cookies below.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that a website you visit may send to and store on the device you are using to access that site. A cookie allows a website to recognise a user's device.
Cookie files contain small bits of information about your visit to a particular site such as your preferred language and various other settings. Cookies can help your next visit to a particular website be easier and more useful to you by storing your preferences or past actions associated with the website.
What types of cookie are there?
There are several types of cookie:
- First party cookies - first party cookies are cookies set by the website (domain) being visited by the user, the website displayed in the URL window (address bar).
- Third party cookies - third party cookies are cookies that are set by a website (domain) other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate website other than the one the user is currently browsing sets a cookie through that website then this would be a third party cookie.
- Session cookies - these allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They can be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what a user has added to their shopping basket as they continue to browse or remembering that a user is logged into the website they are currently using. Session cookies expire after a browser session has expired and are therefore not stored long term.
- Persistent cookies - these are stored and remain on a users device between browser sessions. These types of cookies allow the preferences or actions of users on a website to be stored longer term. An example of this would be when a user logs into a website and checks the box saying 'remember me', this allows the user to return to the website at a later date without having to log in again. Persistent cookies can be used for a variety of purposes including remembering a users preference when browsing a website or to target advertising to a particular user.
Types of Cookie We Use
The cookies we set are not used to identify you personally and do not contain information which identifies you. They may be used to remember your device, your personal preferences and to analyse your interactions with our website to help us improve our service and website.
1. First Party Cookies
We may set either persistent cookies or session cookies whenever:
- you log into an area of our website that requires user authentication such as our online forum. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users anonymously.
- you see a notification and acknowledge you have seen it.
- you first visit our website in order collect analytical information which allows us to gain a better understanding of how you use our website and collect information such as the pages you visit, how you interact with those pages and how long you remain on our website.
These cookies allow us to optimize and improve our website in order to provide you with a better experience and allow you to use the full range of services our website offers.
2. Third Party Cookies
We use several third party service providers in order to analyse your usage of our website, deliver targeted advertising, provide related products and services and enable you to share various content via social media services if you choose to do so. These services can set cookies and include:
- Google Analytics: - we use analytics in order to measure how you interact with our website content. You can read more about Google Analytics cookies here.
- Google Adsense: - we use google adsense in order to provide targeted, relevant advertising to users of our website. You can read more about adsense cookies here.
- Youtube: - we embed certain videos onto our website from sources such as youtube who may set cookies.
- Insurance Companies: - we work with various insurers in order to help you find competitively priced insurance policies and compare quotes. These insurance companies can set cookies in order to provide you with their service. You will find links to their respective privacy/cookie policies on the pages used to obtain quotes.
- Product Offerings - from time to time we may promote various products from third party providers related to the content of this website. These product providers may set cookies.
Cookie Choice & Management
You do have a choice as to what cookies you choose to except from various websites and sources, however, by choosing not to accept certain cookies set while using various websites including this one, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of services on offer.
You can choose to restrict, block or remove cookies already set on the device you use to access the internet.
You can choose to:
- Block all cookies; OR
- Accept first party cookies only and block third party cookies.
You can choose to do the above for all websites you visit or you may decide to alter your cookie preferences on a site by site basis.
Please refer to the 'help' section on how to do this for the browser you are using to access the internet. If you are using another device to access the internet such as a mobile phone, smart TV or gaming console then please refer to the instruction manual or any online help/support information for that particular device.
If you have any questions then please contact us.